This is the Home Page of the GandalfWeb DIY demo website. It doesn't use any special features, so it will give you a good idea of how your site will work (though not necessarily how it will look!)
You would normally be able to change absolutely anything, but because this is a demo website, we don't allow you to change the content of this page. You can still change its 'look and feel', and you can make (almost) any changes you like on other pages.*
Just log on and select the page you want to change from the menu.
Click the Administrator/Members button at the bottom of this page and enter 'demo1234' both as your username and as your password.
Feel free to experiment. Any changes you make to the demo site will be discarded, so try everything! Here's a possible scenario:
- After logging on, select another page from the menu.
- Click on a picture or some text and notice what happens in the Control panel on the left.
- Make some changes and click the Update button. Then click Refresh the ... Page link to see the changes on the webpage itself.
- Now select the Getting Started link in the Control Panel for some more pointers on how to use GandalfWeb to customise or update a website.
- Try out various options from the Control Panel menu to get a feel for the range of possibilities!
- When you've finished experimenting don't forget to log out (using the bottom option in the Control Panel menu). This will return you to the GandalfWeb Site Catalogue so you can choose your website.
*Because this is a demo you are not allowed to make backups, add to mailing lists, or anything else that might result in emails being sent. You will, of course, be able to do any of these things on your own site.